Thursday, September 6, 2007

My Favorite Ketchup Recipe

Ketchup was another item we initially gave up when we started our healthier lifestyle, but I soon found that Whole Foods carried a ketchup that was fruit-sweetened. I liked it and we bought it several times, but it was very expensive, and Whole Foods is quite a drive, so I learned to do without it.

Then I came across a wonderfully simple ketchup recipe that was easily altered to fit our diet. I love this recipe! When I make it I like to double the recipe, pour it into three different glass jars (that I've collected over time from other condiments), freeze two of the jars and keep one in the fridge. I have been making it more and more now that I have a child who likes sauces of all kinds.

Give it a try and see what you think!

Easy Homemade Ketchup

8 oz. sugar-free tomato sauce
6 oz. sugar-free tomato paste
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
1/4 c. agave

Mix all ingredients and refrigerate (freeze any extra). Refrigerated ketchup should stay fresh for about a week.

No comments: