Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sweet Mustard Dressing

I like to make my own sauces and dressings in order to avoid unwanted additives and refined sugars. Here is my favorite salad dressing recipe:

Sweet Mustard Dressing

6 Tbsp. cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. dijon mustard (any mustard you have on hand will work fine)
2 Tbsp. organic apple cider vinegar (you can substitute a variety of other vinegars if needed - organic white distilled vinegar and white wine vinegar have worked for me in a pinch)
2 Tbsp. agave nectar or honey
1 garlic clove, crushed

Place all ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously until well-blended. Store in refrigerator and shake before using.

3 comments:

Faith Koontz said...

This sounds so yummy! What is the difference between cold pressed olive oil and regular olive oil. Just curious.=) Thanks for sharing this recipe. I can't wait to try it!

Gaerte Family said...

Yeah, what about this cold-pressed olive oil? Where do you find it?

Kid Feed Mommy said...

If it's not cold-pressed, then it was heated in its processing and is damaged. I get my cold-pressed olive oil at Trader Joe's. Costco has it too. Thanks for bringing this up. I'm planning to post soon about the best oils for cooking and baking.